by Tony J. Hughes
The book in one sentence
The right sales moves at the right time, combined with preparation, practice and discipline – that will make you successful.
My personal opinion
There is one thing I really do not like about this book: it’s the book’s title. Combo Prospecting is energizing, it is motivating, it is about doing the right things at the right time. But it is not about “fighting” your future-clients to win this game. So, do not get the book wrong. It is about creating value, not damage. Showing interest, not disturbing your future-clients.
All in all, Combo Prospecting is from my point of view a state-of-the-art sales book. It keeps in mind that future-clients are in contact with many different companies who want to make business with them. Therefore you need to find way to break through this noise.
Tony J. Hughes explains how you – leveraging the right preparation and discipline – can create targeted prospecting combos to get in touch with your future-clients. These combos will help you to create awareness at your future-clients and establish new trusted relationships.
One point I really like about Combo Prospecting is its honesty about sales. Tony J. Hughes says that there is no secret magic in the process. At the end, it comes down to whether you are prepared and you have the discipline to become successful.
To whom I would recommend this book
Combo Prospecting is a great book for all sales people out there. If prospecting, cold calling, winning new logos – however you call it – is part of your business, take a look at Tony J. Hughes book. He will give you the necessary motivation and hints to build your sales pipeline.
What I learned from this book
- You need discipline and patience.
- Don’t be passive, quiet, fearful and lazy. Take ownership of your own success.
- It is not about your products. It is about the results your products can achieve for your future-clients.
- Focus on getting referrals.
- Grow your pipeline every single day. No excuse.
- Listen more, talk less.
- First, improve your quality of interaction with future-clients. Then, improve the quantity of meeting them.
- “Selling is not about our own achievements – it’s about the success of our customers and our commitment to helping them.”
- “Opening is the new closing!” – Anthony Iannarino
- Add value with every interaction.
- Be bold! Trust in yourself and be courageous.
- “Intelligent calling to generate business is good for the soul. It’s humbling, scary and highly rewarding.”
- “Most important of all, you have to identify where or how you can make a significant contribution in helping them achieve their overall goals this year. How can you help them save, gain, reduce, increase or improve? These are the five magic words that grab C-suite residents.” – Jonathan Farrington
- Deliver on your promises.
- “Invest extra time in preparing and practicing great questions because that’s how you will be remembered and invited back again.” – Nic Dennis
- “The language of business is numbers, and every leader wants tangible measurable results. They also want someone ‘on the hook’ for managing the risks and successfully delivering.”
- Follow up.
- Never show your future-clients that you are frustrated because of all the times you tried to reach out to them.
Want to read this book?
Check it out on Amazon.com – Combo Prospecting by Tony J. Hughes
Thanks to the publisher for printing such a great book!