The Psychology of Winning
by Dr. Denis Waitley
The book in one sentence
The ten qualities of a winner.
My personal opinion
Very recently, someone told me that he has a friend who lost his drive. He asked me which book he should recommend to him. “The Psychology of Winning” was my answer!
To whom I would recommend this book
You are facing difficult times? You lost your spirit and motivation? Or you just want to know what it needs to be a winner? Read “The Psychology of Winning”!
What I learned from this book
- Take control of your thoughts.
- “The fact that we, literally, become what we think about most of the time.” – Earl Nightingale
- Life happens now! (an attitude I love so much!)
- Show empathy.
- Stay open, stay curious. The opinion of oneself is created only based on your own experience. Keep this in mind!
- “[…] this is perhaps the most important quality of a good parent… and also a good business leader… the positive encouragement of their children – and employees – toward the development of self-worth.”
- Set your own standards.
- “[…] making changes in your internal reactions rather than searching for external stimulation in a new environment.”
- “Sit up front in the most prominent rows when you attend meetings, lectures and conferences. Your purpose for going is to listen, learn and possibly exchange questions and answers with the key speakers.”
- Take responsibility.
- Stay relaxed and friendly. Always.
- See the opportunity, not the problem.
- Have goals: “No wind blows in favor of a ship without a destination.”
- “We all have the potential and the opportunity for success in our lives. It takes just as much energy and effort for a bad life as it does for a good life.”
- What really makes the difference is self-discipline.
- Be a giver, not a taker.
Want to read this book?
Check it out on Amazon.com – The Psychology of Winning by Dr. Denis Waitley
Thanks to the publisher for printing such a great book!