How to Sell Anything to Anybody
by Joe Girard with Stanley H. Brown
The book in one sentence
The sales basics of Joe Girard, one of the best car salesmen in America.
My personal opinion
Joe Girard’s book is a motivating summary of his best practices and pitfalls of a salesman. In his book, Joe Girard describes in a very authentic way what made him successful in the car sales business. And it is not about cheap tricks, for sure! Successful selling is about having motivating goals, knowing your customers, showing empathy, establishing a honest relationship to them and listening. Always listen!
What I really like about this book is its American style. Not only the various stories are so American, the wording is it, too! So, when I was reading the book I read it with the inner voice of an American cowboy. Haha. Don’t know why, but I love it!
To whom I would recommend this book
The different best practices are no rocket since or magic tricks. They are more the basics of being a successful salesman. Nevertheless, I think they are very valuable! I recommend this book to everyone who is starting with her or his sales career.
What I learned from this book
- “Understand with whom you’re dealing with and what they really want to hear.”
- Have a goal. Always.
- “Every time you turn off just one prospect, you turn of 250 more.”
- Do not be a salesman “hanging around the front door.” It is your business! Use your time to make opportunities!
- Know your customer. Always be prepared!
- Take your business cards with you. Always be prepared!
- Make future-clients aware of you and your business.
- Learn from your mistakes. If you lost a sale, ask your prospect why.
- Don’t sell your customer. Make them that they want to buy.
- Let your prospects participate in your demonstrations.
- Listen, listen, listen.
- Send your customer a “Thank You”-Letter after they bought something from you.
- The goal is not the first sale. It is the second!
- Always look for ways to improve your performance. Do “R&D” for your sales processes, too!
Want to read this book?
Check it out on Amazon.com – How to Sell Anything to Anybody by Joe Girard with Stanley H. Brown
Thanks to the publisher for printing such a great book!