The Wolf of Wall Street
by Jordan Belfort
The book in one sentence
The crazy life of the Wall Street icon Jordan Belfort.
My personal opinion
Well, better I mention right away that this is a book I bought for entertainment and not to learn some new business principles. Hehe. Nevertheless, there are some thoughts which I find interesting and which I want to share with you.
If you ever saw the movie, you know about Jordan Belfort. The story is pretty much the same, but often with some more details. So, probably you will enjoy reading even if you saw the movie already.
What I really like about this book is the following: if you really want to achieve something and if you are willing to invest what is necessary, you can achieve it – But better use this mindset to create something good.
To whom I would recommend this book
Hard to say. As it is very entertaining, the book is a good-read. Life writes the best stories. And the mindset, with which Jordan Belford built his Wall Street company, is very motivating – even if his business practices are, hm, how to say, different…
All in all, I enjoyed reading the book. I even would say that it is more entertaining than the movie. So, if you are looking for an entertaining, crazy biography – go for it.
What I learned from this book
- If you behave like the average, then you always stay average. If you want to achieve something great, you have to be bold!
- If you want to become something, behave like you are already there.
- Practice, practice, practice.
- Know history and its consequences for today.
- If someone tried before what you want to do today, make sure that you know the pitfalls which they faced in the past.
Want to read this book?
Check it out on Amazon.com – The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort
Thanks to the publisher for printing such a great book!