Von der Kunst, das Leben zu lieben
by Michel de Montaigne
The book in one sentence
Enjoy your life and…
- say yes to happiness,
- say yes to be open-minded,
- say yes to reading,
- say yes to real love,
- say yes to real friendship,
- say yes to traveling and discovering new cultures,
- say yes to our beautiful and unique nature.
My personal opinion
As I mentioned before, I really love philosophical books and “Von der Kunst das Leben zu lieben” is definitely a good one! What impressed me most is that Michele de Montaigne was living more than 400 years ago but his various essays are still true today.
All in all, the book is a reminder for everybody to enjoy life. There are so many great things in life like finding real love, establishing real friendships, discovering new countries and cultures, the enjoyment of cooking and eating, enjoying our beautiful nature, etc. And reading of course – one of his favorite hobbies. Hehe.
There can be a lot of positivity in our world. In the way how we see things, how we say things, how we think about them. Michele de Montaigne and his essays help to focus on the good things in life and to enjoy them.
Read the book and you will see it as well…
To whom I would recommend this book
This time it is really tough to define to whom I would recommend the book. It can be relevant to everyone. I will definitely read it again!13
What I learned from this book
- Do not be afraid to acknowledge your own ignorance. It will release your own mental pressure.
- It is not about what you are saying, it is about how you say it.
- Question your own knowledge.
- Value real friendship.
- Life happens now.
- The greatest indicator of wisdom is a good mood.
- Value our nature.
Want to read this book?
Check it out on Amazon.com – Von der Kunst, das Leben zu lieben by Michele de Montaigne
Thanks to the publisher for printing such a great book!