Bei Anruf Termin
by Klaus-J. Fink
The book in one sentence
In his book “Bei Anruf Termin” Klaus-J. Fink explains how you do effective cold calling.
My personal opinion
In his book Klaus-J. Fink starts with the foundation of a successful sales person: the attitude. He encourages you to stay positive and be convinced of what you do. Something I totally agree!
Further, he explains why you as a seller are in a great position when you do cold calls. YOU have the control: you can choose who to call, when to call, what topic you want to talk about, you can prepare a positive introduction, you can prepare your questions and value statements. Klaus-J. Fink is very motivating in explaining why cold calling is just a great thing.
To whom I would recommend this book
If cold calling is part of your job I can recommend this book to you (oh, and if you speak German because I did not find any English version of the book – sorry!).
If you are looking for some good practical examples of effective wording you will find them in this book.
What I learned from this book
- Keep a positive attitude and use a positive language.
- Be convinced of what you do and what you are selling.
- Quality over quantity.
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Client acquisition is not about being busy, it is about achieving results.
- On the phone, be persistent and polite. Do not give up too early!
- When you call a prospect, say your company name first and your name second. The last thing you say will stay more present in the mind of your prospect.
- Say “You” more often than “I”.
- Focus on the value for your client, not on your product. Think about the right wording and do your training!
- Observe how clients with a specific role or in a specific industry behave and develop for the most common situations effective strategies to deal with them. Again, do your training!
Want to read this book?
Check it out on Amazon.com – Bei Anruf Termin by Klaus-J. Fink
Thanks to the publisher for printing such a great book!